Dual Aft Body Strakes (DABS)
What do they do?
Raisbeck’s Dual Aft Body Strakes improve directional stability, which, in turn, improves passenger ride quality, pilot control and aircraft handling characteristics, climb and cruise performance. Wing/body vortices normally disrupt airflow under the aft fuselage, creating drag. Dual Aft Body Strakes eliminate this separation, channeling the vortices and accelerating the air—in effect, pushing the airplane through the air.
Factory-installed on all new King Air 350s, Raisbeck Dual Aft Body Strakes are The New Standard—plus, they will give your King Air B100 a fresh, modern appearance.
- Eliminates yaw damper inoperative altitude limits, increasing your dispatch reliability
- Improved directional stability and pilot control
- Reduced drag in all flight modes
- Improved passenger ride quality
- Quieter cabin and cockpit
- Increased climb and cruise performance
- Inherently reduced minimum control airspeed
- Classic Beech ventral fin is removed
- The shedding wing/body vortices are captured under the aft fuselage pressurizing and reducing aft-body drag resulting coanda-effect attaches the aft-body airflow
- Equivalent vertical tail area is increased
High Flotation Gear Doors (HFGD)
Does your King Air 250 have high flotation gear?
If so, our fully-enclosed High Flotation Gear Doors will restore the climb and cruise performance lost with high flotation gear.
- Restore the climb and cruise performance to that of King Air 250s equipped with standard gear
- Cruise speeds are increased by 4-10 knots
- Wheel wells, tires, wheels and brakes are protected from the elements
- Fully encloses the protruding high-flotation gear, wheels, and tires
- Aerodynamically area-ruled to maximize drag reduction
- Constructed of lightweight composites for maximum strength and minimum weight
Nacelle Wing Lockers
Want to reduce cabin clutter?
Raisbeck’s Nacelle Wing Lockers enable you to store golf bags, skis, luggage, cargo and miscellaneous articles in watertight, lock-secured compartments outside the cabin—returning the cabin to your passengers!
- Certified for 600 lbs (300 lbs per locker) in 16 cubic feet of stowage space
- Carry oversized luggage and full size golf bags
- Fully certified for FAR Part 135 operations
- Free up seats for additional passengers
- Prevent interior wear and tear
- Medeco locks
- Area-ruled to reduce drag and stall speeds
- Lightweight, sturdy composite construction
- Fully self-contained to ensure a clean, dry interior
- Remove in minutes for airplane maintenance